- Food and Cooking»
- Food For Kids
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Bananas
How Did You Like It?
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 3 hours
- Ready in: 3 hours 15 min
- Yields: serves three people
- 12 oz. Dark chocolate
- 8 oz. Heavy cream
- 2 Bananas
- As desired peanutbutter
Tools For Melting Chocolate
Here Is How You Make Them!
- First you'll need to take 2 bananas and slice them into 1 inch wedges. I personally prefer organic bananas, but what ever bananas you prefer will do. Once you've sliced up your banana you should end up with around 16 banana wedges, assuming you are using 2 relatively average sized bananas of course.
- After you sliced the bananas, you'll need just one baking tray, with just one piece of wax paper to cover the tray. Begin placing the small 1 inch banana wedges on the wax paper covered tray.
- Now the fun begins! This is the part where the kids get to join in!Once you've laid out half of your banana wedges, you'll need to start spreading peanut butter on each wedge on the tray. ( I use smooth peanut butter but you can use crunchy peanut butter to give them a little kick the kids will love)
- Once you've spread your peanut butter on your wedges simply place each of the remaining wedges on top of the peanut butter topped wedges. Each should look like a small banana sandwich with a delicious peanut butter center!
- Take your newly transformed banana sandwiches and pop into the freezer for one hour. Don't worry we'll be getting back to those little guys later to create imminent flavorful bliss!
- Wait about 50 minutes after you've placed your tiny tasty sandwiches into the freezer to start melting your chocolate. For this you'll need one cooking pot and your heavy cream. Warm 8 oz. of heavy cream over medium heat. When you see small bubbles in the pot, your cream should be beginning to lightly boil. That means its time for the yummy part! It's time to add your chocolate!
- Add 12 oz. of dark chocolate to the pot and whisk until smooth and the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Now that your chocolate is ready it's time for the kids favorite part! Dipping the banana sandwiches in the delicious chocolate to create some delectable treats! Stab each sandwich with a bamboo skewer and begin dipping. After dipping sandwich in chocolate place back onto tray, removing the bamboo skewer. (For convenience you can leave he skewer in it makes these treats more portable) NOTE: Some other great utensils for dipping are fondue forks and corn holders.
- Once you and the kiddies have finished dipping, covering each sandwich completely in chocolate, and placing back on the tray, simply pop the tray into the freezer for 1-2 hours or until the chocolate hardens. Once they chocolate hardens place on a tray and serve!
A YUMMY ADDITION TO THIS TREAT
NOTE: Here's a yummy way to compliment this delicious treat! After you've dipped and covered your banana and peanut butter sandwiches in chocolate you can add M&M's, sprinkles, or any of your other favorite toppings to add some fun to this treat!