- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Other Fruits
- 16 Ounces Chocolate chips, (any chocolate works)
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening
- 1 Pound Whole strawberries, (Any other fruit works)
- In a double boiler melt chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Take of heat.
- Insert a toothpick into the top of the strawberries.
- Dip strawberries into the chocolate mixture by holding the toothpick side.
- For a cleaner look turn strawberries upside down and insert the empty side of the toothpicks into a styrofoam block.
- Allow chocolate to cool. For a more fancy look melt some white chocolate chips in a double boiler and drizzle onto the chocolate covered strawberries.
For other fruit ideas you may use pineapple(cut into chunks or shapes), kiwis (peeled but whole), grapes (whole), cherries (whole with stem), oranges (slices), bananas (halved or sliced) and raspberries (whole).