Dark Chocolate Cupcakes With Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries Atop
Fresh, bright red strawberries are a healthy fruit that can be grown in a garden or right at home inside of a jar. Strawberries contain high amounts of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. Consuming strawberries often can result in anti-aging and cancer-fighting properties, along with maintaining a healthy digestive system. This particular fruit is also healthy for eyes and vision because of the increased blood flow from a large amount of antioxidants that strawberries contain. Fresh, or even frozen, strawberries contain many vitamins and nutrients that are healthy for the heart because they can reduce the risk of heart disease. Current research suggests that eating only 8 strawberries a day can improve heart health, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, reduce the risk of cancers and even improve cognitive function. Pregnant women who eat strawberries can lower the risks of birth defects in their children, such as spina bifida. Here are some fun facts about strawberries:
- Strawberries are the only fruit that wears their seeds on the outside.
- Strawberries aren't true berries, instead, they are a member of the rose family.
- Strawberries can be pickled.
- If all the strawberries that are produced only in California in one year were laid berry to berry, they would go around the world 15 times.
Savory Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate contains many health benefits that people in different age groups can benefit from. The best trait about this type of chocolate is that it is natural, with little or no additives. Since dark chocolate is the purest form of cocoa, that means more antioxidants, more fiber, and also increased blood flow. Other chocolate types, like white chocolate and milk chocolate, contain high levels of saturated fat, cholesterol, and sugar. Dark chocolate is the cure for most common ailments, like depression or coughing. Dark chocolate also aids in the protection and the fight against certain cancers. Eating dark chocolate everyday can reduce the risk of heart disease by one-third. So what ever the ailment may be, it seems like dark chocolate may be the cure all. Some fun facts about dark chocolate are:
- Every second Americans consume 100 pounds of chocolate.
- Chocolate has an anti-bacterial property that reduces tooth decay.
- Dark chocolate goes well with fresh strawberries and white wine.
Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberries On Top Of Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
Now there is a new way to serve these healthy red strawberries berries dipped in dark chocolate more often, instead of just on a plate or even just during a special occasion. The red berries generously dipped into dark chocolate can sit comfortably on top of a smooth dark chocolate cupcake topped with strawberry butter cream frosting, and even topped again with creamy melted dark chocolate. Other fruit may also be topped onto other types of cupcakes for something different and creative, like raspberries or even bananas.
Most people love cupcakes and fresh fruit toppings, so why not mix them together into a sweet treat that is unforgettable? This is a special cupcake recipe is one that is dark chocolate covered with a strawberry on top, which adds a finishing touch to make this cupcake more unique and outstanding. These cupcakes can be served any time and for any occasion because they are so very appealing and attractive.
A Match Made In Heaven!
Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
|Serving size: 4 Strawberries|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Unsaturated fat 4 g|
|Carbohydrates 24 g||8%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 1 box cake mix, dark chocolate
- 1 cup buttermilk, instead of water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons strawberry puree, from 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, firm, and slightly cold
- 3 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 whole strawberries, medium size
- dark chocolate, for melting
- 1 piping bag
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cupcakes
Have you ever had this kind of cupcake before?
- CUPCAKES: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large muffin pan with paper liners. Beat together cake mix, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and eggs on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly among all cupcake liners, filling each liner between half and 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean after poking the cupcake's middle. Do not bake in excess of 1-2 minutes longer than the original time. Let cupcakes cool, then transfer to cupcake wire to completely cool.
- FROSTING: Beat butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Slowly add confectioner's sugar and beat until well combined. Add vanilla extract and strawberry puree to the mixture. Mix just until blended. *If frosting is too thick - add more puree. *If frosting is too watery - add more sugar.
- Add frosting into piping bag and pipe frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes.
- Add one dark chocolate covered strawberry to the top of each cupcake.
- OPTIONAL: Apply remaining melted dark chocolate on top of each dark chocolate dipped strawberry cupcake for more dark chocolate decadence.
Different Frosting Styles
Do You Like My Cupcakes?
More Chocolate Cupcake Recipes
- Custard-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes - Recipe with Pictures
Step-by-step instructions on how to make cupcakes from scratch. Plus, mouthwatering photos and nutrition information.
- Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe
Looking for a great cupcake recipe? These are easy little golden cupcakes filled with chocolate chips and smelling of vanilla - perfect for sharing!
- White Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Using this recipe, you will be able to make twelve delicious cupcakes in about 40 minutes.
© 2012 Cristale Adams