- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Oreo Bon Bon
There are many ways to make peanut butter eggs, but try out this recipe to be different from others; Chocolate Oreo Bon-bons. Your friends and family will be coming back for thirds.
We have taken a simple recipe and put our own spin on it to make our tastebuds want more. Also, for those of you that are allergic to peanuts, now you have your own sweet dessert similar to that of peanut butter eggs and personally, I like these better.
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 28 ounces Oreos, chopped
- 2 lbs Confectioner Sugar
- 2 sticks Margarine
- 24 ounces Hershey Chocolate Chips, melted
- 12 ounces Hersheys Butterscotch Chips, melted
- Finely chop Oreos so there are no big chunks.
- Cream Margarine, Cream Cheese and chopped Oreos in mixing bowl slowly adding confectioner sugar.
- Mix the batter well.
- After fully mixed, shape into 1 ounce round balls.
- Place each one on wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes or until hard.
- During the 20 minutes, melt chocolate and butterscotch together.
- Take bon-bons out of freezer and coat in chocolate.
- Let stand until chocolate hardens. For faster results put in refrigerator.
- Time to eat.
For best results prior to eating, store in freezer.
Also, there are multiple kinds of chocolate chips out there, but personally I like hershey. It is not too sweet and gives it just enough to enjoy all flavors of the oreo and the chocolate.