- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe
It's not mouthwatering, albeit not that indulgent but it does the job of catering to the needs of your chocolate hungry taste buds and protein hungry muscles alike.
Packed with the goodness of natural whole eggs It is sure to extinguish your desire and appetite together after a gym workout.
- 1 Teaspoon. Instant Coffe, (Add to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp Ovaltine Malt Beverage, 25g
- 1 Raw Egg, 50g
- 250 ml Fresh Milk, (about 1 cup Chilled)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Condensed Milk, optional.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sugar, (to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Chocolate Syrup, for garnishing only.
- 2 Butterscoth toffees, for garnishing only (use any brand locally available)
|Serving size: 1 Glass (300 ml)|
|Calories from Fat||153|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 17 g||26%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 51 g||17%|
|Sugar 29 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 18 g||36%|
|Cholesterol 236 mg||79%|
|Sodium 304 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Put Ovaltine powder, coffee and condensed milk in a blender.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Pour in 250 ml of chilled Milk (some ice cubes will do fine if milk is not chilled).
- Toss a raw egg directly into the blender after cracking and removing its shell.
- Blend for a few minutes and pour into you glass. Drink Chilled.
Make sure to gulp in plenty of water some time after consuming this smoothie because protein digestion requires water.
How many of you like the idea of directly blending raw eggs with cold milk?
A glass full of plain brown smoothie will not always do the job when it comes to serving guests, make it more enticing by swirling chocolate sauce on the creamy bubbles that top your glass.
The layer of bubbles on your glass should be thick enough to retain crushed butterscotch candies over it.
Further more you can swirl chocolate sauce on the sides of your glass before pouring in the smoothie.
You can try mixing ingredients in different proportions to develop your own ideal smoothie flavor because of course creativity has no bounds!
© 2015 StormsHalted