Rate My Recipe
This scrumptious dessert is great for parties, pot lucks, or any other occasion that requires a sweet finish. I originally found it on the Rice Krispies website, but their recipe makes a huge batch, so I cut it in half and made some minor alterations. The recipe can be doubled if a larger batch is needed.
- 4 graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Karo light syrup
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/5 tablespoons butter
- Spray a 9x5 Pyrex (or other microwaveable) pan with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the pan with a single layer of graham crackers. The crackers should be touching and cover the whole bottom of the pan, so they will need to be cut/broken to size.
- Pour the marshmallows on top of the graham crackers in a single layer.
- Microwave the pan with graham crackers and marshmallows on high for approximately 1 minute. If microwave doesn't automatically turn, manually turn 1/4 at 20 second intervals.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the Karo light syrup, chocolate chips, and butter. Microwave on high, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Mix in peanut butter, then stir in Rice Krispies. Stir until well mixed.
- Top the graham crackers and marshmallows with the new mixture. Spread evenly over the top. Cover and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
- Cut and serve. Any portion not to be used right away should be kept in the fridge in a Ziploc bag or airtight container.