Chocolate and almond cake with chocolate buttercream frosting
Chocolate and almond cake
To all the chocolate lovers, this is for you.
This cake is delicious, chocolaty and moist.
Now we can't have a chocolate and almond cake without chocolate frosting now can we?
I layer this cake with chocolate buttercream frosting and it was just awesome. I hope you enjoy it, selah.
- 50g self raising flour
- 175g butter
- 175g castor sugar
- 100g plain chocolate, melted
- 50g almond, grounded
- 4 eggs, seperated
- 25g cornflour
For chocolate buttercream frosting:
- 3 sticks of butter
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup expresso powder
Instructions for cake
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Beat in the melted chocolate
- Beat in the ground almonds and egg yolk
- Fold in the flour and cornflour
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff
- Carefully fold in the egg whites into the cake mixture
- Pour into a greased pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake in an oven of 160°C, 325°F for about 45 minutes
- Add cocoa to a large bowl and whisk to remove lumps
- Cream together the butter and cocoa
- Add sugar and milk into the mix alternating between them
- Add vanilla extract
- Add expresso powder
- Cream until you get a lighter consistency ( you can add a little milk and cream again if it is too thick for your taste)
|Serving size: 138g|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 34 g||52%|
|Saturated fat 17 g||85%|
|Unsaturated fat 14 g|
|Carbohydrates 48 g||16%|
|Sugar 37 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Cholesterol 475 mg||158%|
|Sodium 368 mg||15%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
For the love of chocolate!
To those die hard fans whom can't seem to pass up any recipe with chocolate in it, I would love to hear from you on this particular foodventure, I hope yours is as delicious as mine. Selah!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 miracle jokeen