- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
The Perfect Chocolate Cake-rich, Moist and Decadent
The frosting has a fudge like taste, and texture to it, decadent. The cake is moist, delicious, and keeps very well. It is unique, as it contains cinnamon, and buttermilk. Which are part of the secret ingredients. Quick and easy to make, even if it's only another weekday. Don't save this one, just for special occasions.
To make as a lighter cake, can be beaten with hand mixer. Can also be made into a layer cake, and displayed on a beautiful cake stand. Decorate with roses for a wedding. Balloons for a birthday. Graduation hats for a graduation. Can also be made into cup cakes for kids parties. These supplies can be purchased at any craft store or amazon.com
Cake and Icing Ingredients
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa, hershy
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Ingredients for Icing :
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons cocoa, hershey
- 6 tablespoons canned milk, petmilk
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine margarine, shortening, and water. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until margarine melts. Remove from microwave, bowl will be hot. Add cocoa and stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar and flour. Pour cocoa mixture over top. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients, in order given. Mix well, by hand. For a lighter cake, may be beaten with a mixer, for two to three minutes.
- *To make your own buttermilk, add a teaspoon of lemon juice to regular milk.
- Pour batter into a 13x9 greased, and floured cake pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Until cake is firm. Insert a toothe pick into center, if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- For the Icing: In a microwave safe bowl, combine margarine and milk, heat on high 1-2 minutes. Until margarine is melted and milk is hot. You may use regular milk, but won't taste like fudge.
- Add cocoa, and stir well. Do not put cocoa into microwave, as it may burn.
- Stir in powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, until smooth. Add vanilla. You may add a teaspoon of milk, one teaspoon at a time, until of desired consistency.
- Spread icing on cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. The icing will melt into the cake, and make it moist and delicious.
- This cake can be made into a layer cake for special occasions. Pour into two greased, and floured cake pans. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Let cake cool, spread icing between the two layers, and on top. By letting the cake cool, and adding less milk, the icing will be stiff enough to add special swirls.
- May also be made into a sheet cake. Pour batter into a greased, and floured jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until cake is set. Spread icing on cake as soon as it comes from the oven. Let cool. Cut into medium squares. Display on a pretty platter, and take to your special party.
- May also be made into cupcakes. Simply. Line muffin tin with paper wraps. Fill half way with batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Frost and decorate as desired.
- artist101 on HubPages
I worked in a pharmacy for many years. I saw and read what prescriptions did to my customers. At the time, in my young mind, I didn't understand...
- Recipes, Home Cooking and Decorating — Pauladeen.com