Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Macaroons
You won’t have to worry about storing these macaroons because there won’t be any leftovers.
- 1 cup whole almonds, blanched, peeled and ground
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat. If using a parchment paper spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place almonds into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade. Process for 1 to 2 minutes or until finely ground. Add sugar and cocoa, process for 1 minute. Add egg whites and vanilla extract; process, scraping sides of the bowl, for 1 to 2 minutes or until the mixture is pasty.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet spreading them apart. Bake macaroons in a 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Macaroons are done whey they have cracked lightly across the top. If using a parchment paper, slide it onto a well dampened towel. As soon as the paper is moist, remove the macaroons; be careful not to let them absorb any moisture.
- Gluten Free Almond Macaroons
Soak the almonds in a bowl of hot waer for 2 to 3 minutes then drain. When the almonds are warm to the touch, take a single almond between your thumb and forefinger and pinch gently to slide the skin off. The skin should come off very easily.