Chop suey - ingredients and cooking process
Here is a simple chop suey recipe for 3-4 person
1. Broccolis - at least 2 or 3 stalk\
2. Cabbage - 1 pc.
3. Carrots - 1 or 2 pcs.
4. Chayote - 1 pc.
5. Pea pod - at least 20 - 25 pcs.
6. Meat chunks - you can add any; pig meat, chicken, fish, shrimps, etc..
7. Onions and garlic - you are free to use how many you would like.
8. Cooking oil, enough for sauteing
9. 2 or 3 cups of water (regular size cup)
10. And additives like salt, pepper, salty fish sauce, meat stock cubes.
( the amount you prefer to use)
Chopping and cutting
To be honest to my dear viewers, I am not a chef or a food guru. What I would show you here are the basic steps in cooking a simple chop suey variation that could be prepared in less than an hour. Hope you would like it.
* First, you need to gather the ingredients that you need. As shown on the pictures at the left.
* Next is you need to chop and cut it in your desired shapes.
* If you would like to add other ingredients, you could do so.
Saute the Garlic, Onion and add the meat
Chop the onions, garlic, and meat pieces into your desired size
Add chayotes, carrots and water
After sauteing for a minute, add the chopped carrots and chayote and pour 2 cups of water. You can see on the picture the enough level needed. Leave for at least 3 minutes.
Add broccoli chunks
After 3 or 5 minutes, add the broccoli chunks and leave for another 3 or 5 minutes. You can check the tenderness of the vegetables, if you think it is tender enough, kindly reduce the time. You can now add the seasonings like salt, broth cubes, any.