- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Christmas Cheese Ball
Delicious Cheese Ball--Easy to Make, Easy to Eat
A Cheese Ball Coated in Chopped Walnuts
Do you enjoy cheese balls? Oftentimes, at a gathering, the hostess serves a cheese ball with crackers. These look impressive coated with chopped nuts--and they make a great spread for crackers.
Cheese balls are very easy to put together and once you've made your first one, you'll wonder why you put off trying to do it for so long. They are so quick, you may find yourself making them for each gathering or whipping one up to take to a potluck.
A cheese ball is especially nice to serve at Christmas time--something a little special to add to the menu. It can be a focal point, surrounded by an assortment of crackers.
The Christmas cheese ball I'm sharing on this page is made with Hellman's mayonnaise; the addition of chopped walnuts gives it the wow factor.
I served this to my guests and they raved about it. By evening's end it was gone. I had to make another for a second batch of company.
you can make this ahead of time and chill before your company arrives, then all you do is place it on a platter--or, easier still, if you have a cheese ball server, you can simply use that. You will want to include a small knife for spreading the cream cheese.
Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Hellman's mayonaise
- 1/2 small tin ground ham or turkey (flake with fork)
- 1/4 tsp. Tobasco sauce or hot sauce
- 1 tsp. minced onion (or dried onion flakes or chopped chives)
- 1-2 tsp. chopped parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- a shake of paprika
Mixing Cream Cheese & Mayonaise
- Mix cream cheese, mayo, and ham together
- Add Tabasco sauce, onion & paprika to taste
- Mix in parsley or pat around outside of cheese ball
- Coat the cheese ball with the chopped nuts until entire surface is covered
- Chill for a couple of hours
Adding Ham to Cheese Mixture
Easy-to-Make Cheese Ball, Perfect for Entertaining
Most people enjoy dips and spreads, especially around the Holidays and this one is a winner.
© 2007 Athlyn Green