Christmas Cookies Lollipop Recipe - Kids Just Loved It
Cookies are simply delicious delicacies. Most adults enjoy it, children love it ! Making it into lollipops will certainly surprise that someone very special. The cookies are soft and moist, a cookie recipe that you can modify for any special occasions - Christmas party, Valentine’s day, Halloween party, or New Year party !
For cookie making lover, I am glad that you found this page, this cookie dough recipe is well-loved by my friends. It is smooth and easy to work with. You can double the recipe and keep the remaining dough in the refrigerator for later use.
Cookie Dough Ingredients
· 3/4 cup butter, softened
· 1 cup white sugar
· 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 eggs
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 20-40 (4 inch) lollipop sticks
· 2 to 3 large egg whites
· 2 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar or icing sugar
· 1 tablespoon lemon juice
· 6 ounces almond bark, or
· Vanilla, chocolate or butterscotch chips
· Vegetable shortening
· Assorted small candies
Part 1 : Prepare Cookies
1. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar in an electric mixer with high speed until creamy and smooth.
2. Add in eggs and vanilla. Continue beating.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Cover the dough with clothes, and chill it in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (or 200 degrees C).
6. Grease cookie sheets and set aside. You could also use parchment paper to line cookie sheets for easier removal of baked cookies later.
7. Roll dough out on well-floured surface to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
· If the dough is sticky, dust it with confectioner’s sugar and you can continue working with it.
· If you like the cookies to be chewier, roll it thicker.
· If you like the cookies to be crunchier, roll it thinner.
8. Cut the dough out into various shapes using any preferred Christmas cookie cutter.
9. Place lollipop sticks on the cut cookies dough so that the tips of sticks are embedded in cookies dough.
10.Carefully turn the cookies with spatula so that the sticks are facing back.
11.Place cookies 1 inch apart on the greased cookie sheets.
12.Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven or until edges are lightly browned.
13. Cool cookies on sheet for 2 minutes.
14.Remove cookies to wire racks; let cool completely.
Part 2 : Prepare icing
1. Beat two egg whites with electric mixer until peaks just begin to hold their shape.
2. Add 2 cups of confectioners' sugar or icing sugar and lemon juice.
3. Beat for 1 minute.
4. If consistency is too thin for piping, gradually add more sugar until desired results is achieved.
5. If it is too thick, add another egg white.
6. Divide icing among several small bowls and tint to desired colours.
Part 3 : Decorate the Cookies
1. Place waxed paper on wire racks
2. Melt almond bark in a microwave or boil it according to the package directions.
3. Add 1 or more tablespoons of vegetable shortening if coating is too thick. The cookies coating is ready.
4. Hold cookies over bowl and spoon coating over cookies.
5. Scrape excess coating from cookie edges.
6. Decorate with small candies or chocolate chips, and the prepared icing immediately.
7. Place cookies on the prepared wire racks set over waxed paper.
8. Let harden.
9. Store in tin at room temperature.
Part 4 : Gift Wrapping
1. Wrap the cookie lollipop with plastic sheet.
2. Tie with ribbon.