- Food and Cooking
Christmas dinner recipes and food ideas
Christmas dinner is an excellent opportunity for families and friends to gather around the hoilday table. Yummy Herb roasted turkey can be a great item to start. Shortbread cookie is also one of the traditional holiday food. You can make these cookies 2 or 3 days ahead. The secret to making shortbread cookie is to use a good butter and pure vanilla extract. Store these Christmas cookies in an airtight container to keep freshness.
Here are some of my favorite and delicious Christmas dinner recipes and food ideas. These great recipes will make your holiday a fun and tasty one.
- How to make French Toast: Breakfast Recipe
- Fun Christmas games for kids
- Christmas dessert recipes for kids
- Sugarless Christmas cake recipe for diabetics
Here are a couple of sugarless christmas cake recipe for diabetics. Various sugarless christams cake recipes are given below for easy and fast homemade preparations.
- Fun christmas craft ideas for kids and preschool children
- Christmas tree decoration ideas
Christmas tree decoration ideas including christmas card images, popcorn christmas tree, cookies and christmas ribbons and lace.
1. Christmas green bean casserole dinner recipe
This is a great side dish for your main course of Christmas dinner. Everyone likes it.
Ingredients: (to serve about 6 people)
- 15 ounce can cut green beans, drained
- little less than 1 cup milk
- 10 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 ounce French fried onions
- salt and pepper to taste
Cooking method for green bean casserole:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium casserole dish mix green beans, milk, cream of mushroom soup, and 1/2 of the can of french onions.
3. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle the other half can of fench onions over the top of the casserole, and let it sit in the oven for 5 more minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy this sumptuous Christmas dinner idea and let us know how your Christmas Green Bean Casserole turned out.
2. Christmas short bread cookie recipe
Christmas food idea #2
These cookies look good and fun to decorate. Perfect christmas food idea for kids and adults.
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Recipe for Christmas shortbread cookie:
Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract and add all purpose flour and mix well. Use a cookie press or cutter to make the shortbread cookies of your desired size and shape.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake the shortbread cookies dough for 10 - 12 minutes.
Share and Enjoy!
3. Christmas herb roasted turkey recipe
Christmas Dinner Recipe and Food Idea: Herb roasted turkey
- 1 whole turkey (that is about 12 lbs)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
Recipe for Herb roasted turkey: (takes about 4 hours)
Clean the whole turkey and discard giblets and organs.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place the cleaned and ready turkey in a roasting pan with a lid. In a small bowl, add olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil, sage, salt, and black pepper. Using a brush, apply the mixture to the outside of the uncooked turkey. Pour water into the bottom of the roasting pan, and cover. Bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh measures 180 degrees F. Remove your christmas turkey from oven, and allow to stand for about 30 minutes. Your herb roasted turkey is ready now. It will make a perfect food idea for this Christmas dinner party.