- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Chunky Chili Recipe: Quick & Easy
We all have those days when we're pressed for time and haven't got a clue what to make for dinner; so I thought I would share one of my go-to recipes with you. My family loves this quick and easy dinner, even my 2-year-old will eat this recipe. It's a great way to get those pesky vegetables into your child's mouth without compromising on the taste.
This chunky chili recipe can be served with crackers or simply over a bed of rice. My family enjoys it both ways, so in addition to the saltine crackers, I also prepare some rice along with it.
If you are looking for the dish to be a bit on the healthier side then ground turkey, chicken or pork could be supplemented in place of the ground beef. I have made it with chicken once, only because I didn't have ground beef on hand, but it was very tasty with the chicken and my family enjoyed it as well.
Hope you enjoy the dish!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, browned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cans light or dark kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 cups salsa, I use mild
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- garlic powder to taste
- cheddar cheese, for topping
- First, obtain a large saucepan and add the kidney beans, salsa, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder and corn into it. Then, simmer these ingredients together while completing the next step.
- In a separate skillet, add the ground beef and onions. Cook until ground beef is browned and the onions are sauteed.
- Add the meat and onion mixture to the other ingredients so that it's all in one pot. Stir well and continue to simmer until all ingredients are hot.
- Spoon out into bowls and top with cheddar cheese, if you like.