Chupacabra - Deliciously Decadent Chupacabra Recipes
If you really want to impress your guests with a deliciously decadent meal - serve up one of these wonderful chupacabra recipes. Okay, so chupacabra may be a sort of endangered species but it's on no official list that I can find so we're in the clear as far as the law goes.
Chupacabra's rareness makes it all the more unique as a main course at that special holiday meal or to impress the kinds of people who love to wow you with those fabulous meals made of ingredients that you've never heard of.
I am sharing these deceptively simple recipes with you in order to assay interest in a compilation cookbook that I am putting together called the Cryptids Cookbook in which I hope to feature international recipes like: Bunyip pudding, Jackalope tetrazzini, General Tso's Kraken, and Mongolian Bar-B-Qued Death Worm.
El Chupacabra - It's What's for Dinner
Once you get the hang of cooking and preparing chupacabra, you'll be able to adapt some of your favorite recipes to create your own fabulous concoctions like chupacobra-kabob, chupacabra Stroganoff, and other trendy food sensations like chupacabra ala-king and cupacabra fricassee.
The flavor of chupacabra resembles a cross between dog and snake and lends itself to a wide variety of cooking styles and seasonings.
You can find cupacabra meat at boutique groceries. If you have a taste for adventure (and freshness) you can hunt a chupacabra down yourself. To locate live chupacabra, drive along a vast, empty highway of the American southwest, or in rural Mexico, or Peurto Rico.
If you spot a chupacabra running down the road, attempt to pull alongside of it and have a hunter/companion shoot it from the passenger side window. Please do not attempt to shoot while driving as this is not safe. If you are alone, speed up and dispatch the chupacabra with the front bumper of your vehicle - a great method of tenderizing the meat. It's amazing how the chupacabra remains on the road while being pursued instead of veering off into the bush. You can view this remarkable behavior in the video and plan accordingly.
Watch this video and see for yourself how easy it is to hunt down your own chupacabra
Most Honorable Chupacabra
- Dice 1 pound chupacabra meat and marinate in soy sauce with garlic and ginger. Allow to marinate for 2 hours.
- Dust diced chupacabra with cornstarch. Add pepper, garlic, and ginger
- Stir fry until cooked through
- Remove from pan and deglaze pan, saving liquid
- Stir fry chopped vegetables of your choice
- to 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch, add
- 1 Tablespoon of powdered ginger
- 1 Tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 Cup of sugar
- 1/4 Cup of soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup sherry or mirin
- and the saved liquid
Cook over medium heat until thickened. Toss in the chupacabra and vegetables and serve over rice.
Chupacabra Pot Pie
For the crust you can purchase phylo dough in the frozen food section of your local supermarket. Use 10 sheets of phylo dough, brushing with melted chupacabra fat between every leaf.
Or you can make a standard pastry dough.
- Chupacabra meat - chop one pound of chupacabra meat and dust with flour to which salt and pepper has been added. Brown in pan. Remove. Add 1/2 cup red wine to hot pan to deglaze. Pour liquid in a bowl.
- Chop and sauté vegetables in chupacabra fat. (Carrots, onions, celery, tomatoes, green peppers, peas, anything you have on hand). Deglaze pan with water or more wine.
- Dump veggies along with chupacabra meat into a Dutch oven. Season with garlic, sage, salt, pepper, and cilantro.
- Make a rue - melt 3 Tablespoons of cupacabra fat in pan. Add 3 Tablespoons of flour. Cook and stir on medium heat until slightly browned not burned. Add the liquid used to deglaze the pans. Pour over the chupacabra stew and mix.
- Cook at a low temperature for at least an hour, or for longer in a crock pot. You want those lovely flavors to blend.
- Lay prepared dough over the top of the pot and cook for 15 minutes at 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Run 2 pounds of chopped chupacabra through the meat grinder.
- Sauté 1 cup of chopped onions and 1 cup of finely minced celery. Add 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
- Add sage, coriander, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stuff sausage casings and tie off ends.
- Chupacabra sausage may be frozen or refrigerated. Do not cook right away. Wait at least 24 hours in order for the flavors to blend.
With leftover chupababra roast:
- Finely shred cooked chupacabra
- Lay the shredded chupacabra on a cookie sheet - do not grease the cookie sheet
- Place in 225 degree Fahrenheit over for an hour.
- Turn oven off.
- Leave chupacabra meat in oven for another hour or until dry enough to smoke.
- Purchase (before hand) cigarette rolling papers at your local tobacco store or 'head' shop.
- Sprinkle a small amount of dried meat in a thin line along the length of the rolling paper.
- Roll up (not too tight, but not so loose that the whole thing falls apart), lick along the length and set aside to cure for about a week.
Light up and enjoy!
A perfect way to follow one of your fabulous chupacabra meals!
- El Chupacabra Drink Recipe - How to make an El Chupacabra cocktail
How to make an El Chupacabra Drink - El Chupacabra Cocktail Recipe: Mix vodka, sour mix, and ice in shaker. Strain over ice in old fashioned glass. Garnish with cherries.