Cilantro-Lime Chicken Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 3/4 cups corn, drained
- 1 3/4 cups black beans, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- juice and zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, shredded
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- •Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
•Add the oil to a frying pan. Place chicken thighs in pan and sprinkle with seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Brown chicken on both sides.
•Combine rice, beans, corn, tomato, and onions in a greased roasting pan.
•Combine lime juice, zest, chicken broth, cilantro, honey, and cumin in a small bowl.
•Place chicken on the rice and bean mixture. Drizzle lime mixture over the chicken and rice mixture.
•Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I served the casserole with a garden salad.