- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Ah yes winter, such a nice season as long as you are just a spectator to it's beauty. This season is perfect for long evenings to indulge your sweettooth. For one of this nights I propose to you this amazingly easy recipe to go with you hot cocoa or tea.
- 750g Flour
- 8 spoons Sugar
- 2 spoons Ground cinamon
- 1 teaspoon Yeast
- Warm water
- Optional Vanilated sugar, For dusting
- The recipe is actualy a hack of the bread. Mix the warm water with the yeast, 6 spoons of sugar and flour. Keep mixing untill the dough isn't sticking to your fingers.
- Let the dough rest in a warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough with the rolling pin untill it is about 2mm thin. Sprinkle or brush some water on the side of the dough facing up.
- Mix in a bowl 2 spoons of ground cinamon and 2 spoons of sugar. Spread the mixture on the wet dough as eaven as possible and lightly press it on the dough with your hands.
- Roll the dough and cut it in slices of about 2cm thickness.
- Put the slices on a non-stick tray and put them in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes or untill golden. Take them out of the trayand let them cool on a rack.
As a variation to this recipe, you may cook the rolls in a deep tray without leaving any spaces between them. Ad they cook they will stick together. After they cool off make a honey and vanilla syrup and pour it on the rolls in abundance until they are nice and moist. Dried fruits or orange peel may be added to the syrup. Enjoy!