- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques»
Cinnamon Apple Muffins
With bitter cold temperatures still holding on for most of us, these warm delicious muffins are perfect for those early morning commutes, breakfast, or snacking anytime. Made with apples and cinnamon these muffins are not only delicious but healthy as well.
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tbs. Cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Butter, (Melted)
- 2 Apples, (Diced or Chopped)
- 1/2 -1 cup Walnuts, (Optional)
* The addition of yogurt or applesauce rather than oil creates a healthier and more moist muffin.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients, just until blended.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Fold in diced apples. (If adding walnuts fold those in as well).
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Additions for Apple Cinnamon Muffins:
These muffins are simple and delicious, and are the perfect vehicle for adding in a plethora of other delicious flavors.
- Streusel Topping: If choosing to add a streusel topping to your muffins be sure to add it to the muffin right before you put the muffins in the oven. Streusel is one of my favorite additions and you will find it in most of my muffin recipes.
- Walnuts add a great and healthy crunch to these otherwise moist and delicious muffins.
- Raisins, dried cranberries, blueberries, or cherries pair nicely with the flavor of the apples and walnuts.
- Maple extract can be used instead of vanilla for added sweetness and flavor.
No matter the season these quick and easy muffins are perfect for anytime. Whip up a batch and enjoy them with family and friends for breakfast and anytime.