Filing & Topping
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg Dry Yeast
- 3/4 cup Warm Water, 110-115 degrees divided
- 4 tp 4 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup of Warm 2 percent milk, 110-115 degrees
- 1/4 cup Butter softened
- 1 whole Egg
- Directions In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Add 2 cups of flour, sugar, salt, milk, butter, egg and remaining water; beat on medium speed for minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Let dough rest for 6 minutes. Cut lengthwise into three 16-in. x 4-in. strips. Cut each strip into sixteen 4-in. x 1-in. pieces. Twist and place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Then Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown approximately 15 minutes
- Take out and roll in cinnamon sugar