Clamato Gazpacho Recipe
Gazpacho is basically salsa with tomato juice and sliced cucumbers. This recipe is vamped up with the use of original Clamato juice and a can of mixed vegetables. This inexpensive cold summer recipe can be made from scratch.
If short on time and don't mind spending the money on fresh salsa in to refrigerated section of your grocery store, (Never! Canned!) then this recipe take minutes to make just peeling and slicing the cucumbers.
As in all summer soups, this dish is best served cold, so take revenge on the hot summer days with this easy to make zesty salsa soup.
What I do is make the massive salsa, divide in half either for chips or store for later to make more gazpacho in a few days because cucumbers will soften after a few days and you what the crispness for a good crunch.
Don't stress over the exact types of peppers, I choose one of each except for the sweet peppers. For an extra exotic spice, (not very family friendly), try bhut powder - the hottest pepper in the world right up there with police mace spray of the Scoville scale. Can't buy at the stores, it's nearly illegal to sell for human consumption just like pure mustard oil.
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/2 poblano chile pepper, chopped
- 1/2 habanero pepper, chopped
- 1`/2 hot green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice and pulp
- 1/2 garlic clove, mashed
- 1/2 tomatillo, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 5-6 medium tomatos, ripe
- add to taste ancho pepper powder
- add salt & red pepper flakes to taste
- 32 ounce original Clamato
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled & sliced very thin
- Add all the ingredients together and chill.