Classic Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Chicken drumsticks are a staple in Southern cuisine.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
Ready in: 1 hour 5 min
Yields: Serves 8 people 3 drumsticks each (24 total)
- 24 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 and 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a plastic freezer bag, combine the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder, and poultry seasoning.
- Line 2 13x9 inch pans with aluminum foil.
- Place a 1/4 cup of butter in each pan, and put pans in oven to melt the butter.
- Coat the chicken with the seasoned flour mixture (You can shake up to 3 legs at a time in the bag for efficiency).
- Place the chicken on the pans, and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn each drumstick over and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned. Serve.