- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Peanut Butter Cookies Using Crisco Recipe
Rate these cookies!
This is a simple recipe for classic, traditional peanut butter cookies. Just a few ingredients, easy steps, and you get a wonderful, delicious treat. You can also add a cup of semi-sweet morsels or white chocolate chips to change them up a little bit.
- 3/4 C creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 C Crisco shortening
- 1 1/4 C brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 TBSP 2% Milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter, Crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl at medium speed until creamy. Add the egg and beat just to blend it in.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to the creamy mixture by spoonfuls until dough is formed.
- Pinch off dough and roll into small balls, about 1". Place a few inches apart on a cookie sheet. Press dough ball down with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, do not overbake! Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Save in an air tight container.