Recipe for Cloud Eggs
If your anything like me your always looking for something different to cook. I ran across an interesting recipe for eggs and tried them and they are so easy, light and yummy, so I figured I would pass it along to all of you. The original version calls for only eggs and maybe a few chopped chives, but I added bacon, onion, and green peppers to mine. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon chopped chives
- 1/2 Cup shredded cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped bacon bits
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped tomato
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
Incorporating the Ingredients
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Get 2 small bowls. In the first bowl crack 2 eggs separating the yolks from the whites.
- In the other small bowl put the yolks, trying not to break them.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg whites until firm.
- Add bacon, cheese, tomato, onion, and green pepper into the egg whites if desired.
- Fold all ingredients together
- On a piece of tin foil scoop 1/2 the egg whites into a pile making the pile look like a cloud, ad the other 1/2 of the egg whites into another pile beside the first one. Using the back of a big spoon push the center of each cloud down to make a small indent.
- Place 1 yolk in the middle of indent in the cloud.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown
- Sprinkle with chives and serve
Your egg clouds can be served on toast if desired or anyway you like them.
You may increase the recipe for any amount of servings you need. My version is more like a mini omelet but you can add just about anything you like to your clouds.
Enjoy these delectables alone or with your favorite sides for breakfast or as a light easy dinner. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
© 2017 Linda L Paquette