Cloudy's Cheesy Potatoes
Cheesy Potatoes! :D
Cheesy Potatoes--The "Range" Way
This recipe hasn't changed at all since my grandmother started making it, because, as we all know, when you have something good, you don’t mess with it. And, of course, it has all of the wonderful love of home cooking baked inside.
- 1 32 oz bag frozen hash browns, (the cubed ones, not shredded)
- 1 16 oz container (~2 cups) sour cream
- 1 10.5 oz can (~1 cup) cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 oz bag (~2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 stick butter or margarine, divided in half and melted
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed and then measured
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix the potatoes, sour cream, soup, cheese, onions, and half of the melted butter/margarine in the large mixing bowl. Move the mixture into an ungreased 9x11 or 9x13 (9x11 is recommended) ungreased glass pan.
- Crush corn flakes until you have 1 cup, then mix in a small mixing bowl with the remaining melted margarine.
- Cover the potatoes with the corn flake mixture.
- Bake in the oven (uncovered) for 1 hour.
|Serving size: 1/16 of recipe (~1/2 cup)|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35%|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 28 mg||9%|
|Sodium 317 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This size is like the pan I use.