How to make a Juicy Coca-Cola Marinated Steak in your Rice Steamer.
Have you ever made a Meat Marinade using a Cola Product?
Do Exactly As I Did ... Or Not.
I am going to show and tell you exactly the way I made my steak. You can choose to do as I did, which will give you the exact same results in the photos here or you can switch it up as you wish. If you do decide to switch it up and you find yourself a delicious result, I would absolutely love for you to share your experience with me in the comment box I have provided at the bottom of my article.
Coca Cola Steak Marinade
- 2 LBS Steak, I used Sirloin
- 2 Cups Cola, I used Coca Cola Regular
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce, I used French's
- 3 Cloves Chopped Garlic, I used Organic
- 4 Tablespoons Steak Rub, I used Emeril's
- 8 Medium Red Potatoes
- 1 LB Baby Carrots
Instructions Part One.
Prepare The Marinade:
When I made my Steak that you see in the photo, what I did was I found a Seal Tight Tupperware Container to put my meat and my marinade in together to let it marinate and tenderize overnight.
I did turn the meat over once since it was not completely submerged, in order to allow both sides of the steak to have equal exposure in their lovely cola bath.
- Put your Raw Steak Into an Air Tight Sealable Tupperware Container or a Large Freezer Size Zip Lock Bag.
- Sprinkle Steak Rub Evenly To Coat Both Sides Of Your Steak. (I chose to purchase 2 smaller separate Steaks because not only was I cooking one for my daughter and one for myself, but I also needed to buy meat that would fit in the bottom of my small Steamer. You do not have to buy small separate steaks if you are cooking them on your BBQ grill or on your stovetop.)
- Let steak Rub Sit on Meat and Set Aside.
- Peel and Slice 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic.
- Pour 2 Cups of Cola into a Measuring Cup.
- Slowly Mix 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce into the Cola.
- Pour Cola Sauce Mix Over Steak.
- Add sliced Garlic to the Marinade.
- Cover and set in refrigerator. I let mine sit overnight. I did turn the meat once in order to ensure even coating of the marinade on all sides of the steak.
Step 1: Steak Marinade
My Love Of Garlic.
The Next Day.
Put Steak in the Bottom of your Steamer and pour marinade in.
With my particular Steak Dinner, I chose 2 perfect Steak complimenting Vegetables, Red Potatoes and Baby Carrots.
Here is an optional side prep for your Potatoes and Carrots prior to steaming them with your Steak:
- Slice Red Potatoes in Half or in 4ths
- Place in saucepan with 2 Tablespoons Butter.
- Allow butter to melt and potatoes to slightly absorb some of the butter.
- Toss in Baby Carrots.
- Cook no longer than 1 minute.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon Steak Rub onto a plate.
- Roll Potatoes and Baby Carrots around in the Steak Rub
- Place Vegetables on top rack in steamer.
- Cover, press down COOK button on your Steamer and let it do its thing.
No more than 40 minutes went by and my entire Steak Dinner was cooked to Perfection.