Coconut And Acai Berry Smoothie
Here is a list of ingredients and a method to prepare the most delicious drink in the world! When I drink this I have energy for hours without the use of any caffeine. The acai powder and coconut oil really gives me a lot of vitality. The cinnamon powder slows down the release of sugar in your body, so that your energy level doesn’t spike quickly and then crash. It’s a much more gradual drawn out feeling of constant energy compared to caffeinated drinks.
Large butcher knife or wood saw
Half a glass of juice from one fresh young coconut
Or half a glass of almond milk
3 heaped tablespoons of hemp seeds
Coconut meat from a young coconut
Banana or tablespoon of coconut flour to thicken
3 grams of berry powder
3 grams of Cinnamon
1 gram of Nutmeg
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
6 grams of acai berry powder
Half a cup of frozen sour cherries, blueberries, blackberries or a mix of all three
I prefer the taste of the sour cherries as it compliments the sweetness of the coconut juice.
When buying coconuts, choose the heavier ones as they contain more juice. They should have about a cup of coconut juice inside.
- Drill two holes in the top of the coconut.
- Pour the coconut water into a cup. One of the holes will let air in as the water comes out.
- When coconut is empty cut the top off it. There are better methods to open coconuts, but this is what works for me and it is a fairly safe way to do it.
- Scoop out the coconut meat; be careful not to scrape too hard as some of the wood will come off.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a blending cup. Don’t add the coconut juice yet, because if you add too much powder you can still scoop it out if no liquid has been added.
- Finally pour coconut juice into the blending cup. I use the magic bullet blender, as there is so little mess to clean up. It mixes it in the same cup that you drink out of. All you need to do is rinse the blending blade and the drinking cup.
- If it’s too thick, add more juice until desired consistency is achieved and then drink it.