Coconut Broiled Topping to Use With Pineapple Sheet Cake and Cupcakes
Broiled Coconut Adds a Delightful Topping to Desserts
Coconut is the perfect topping for pineapple cake or cupcakes
I love the taste, texture, and smell of coconut, so it is no wonder why my favorite recipe with coconut is a broiled coconut topping over pineapple cake.
The recipe shared here is for a topping that can be spread over a 13X9-inch pineapple cake or 24 medium sized cupcakes.
Bake your favorite pineapple cake or cupcakes
This recipe is for the topping only.
You may use any boxed pineapple cake mix or bake a pineapple cake from your favorite recipe.
Bake a 13X9-inch pineapple flavored cake or 24 cupcakes.
Ingredients for Broiled Coconut Topping
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Mix thoroughly – butter, brown sugar, nuts, and coconut.
- Stir in milk.
- Spread the mixture evenly over your warm 13X9-inch cake or 24 cupcakes.
- Set the oven control at broil and/or 550 degrees.
- Place the cake 5 inches from the heat; broil for about 3 minutes or until the topping bubbles and browns slightly. (Watch carefully as this mixture will burn easily.
Enjoy the Broiled Coconut Topping on Other Flavors of Cake or Cupcakes
The flavor of coconut can be pared with any number of cake flavors, so your broiled coconut topping will go well with chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, cherry, lemon, or any other cake flavor you can imagine.
This broiled coconut topping recipe is best used as a topping only, because, for the best flavor, the topping needs to be broiled to gain that slightly nutty texture and flavor.