Coconut Caramel Shortbread Cookie
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: 4 Dozen 2-inch cookies
- 1 cup (2 stick) salted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut. toasted
15 oz soft caramels
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
8 oz. dark or semisweet chocolate
- In a bowl or mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Generously, add the flour mixture to the creamed butter. Blend and Add the milk and vanilla extract until combined and dough comes together in large pieces.
- Use hands to divide dough in half, pressing it together to compact it into two disks. Refrigerate the disks until firm for 1 hour.
- Once dough has chilled, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until 1/8 inch thick. Cut out cookies and place on a parchment paper lined baking pan
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the rack, until cookies are pale golden brown. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.