- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Coconut Chicken Curry
I love to cook but I am incredibly lazy. I hate complicated recipes with lots of ingredients. I love to feed my kids healthy homemade meals but the meals need to be fairly quick and simple. If not, I will cook the meal once and never attempt it again. I love coconut curry chicken. Often, I would visit my favorite local restaurant to get my fix.But I felt it was a dish that I could make at home. I would pay $7 per plate but I am incredible thrifty(cheap) as well as lazy. I wanted to find out if this was a dish I could make at around the same cost. After doing some research online, it seemed like an impossible feat. Most of the recipes have tons of ingredients. Many ingredients I didn't have in my own home. I tinkered here and there. After some experimentation I found a blend that suited me. A great combination of sweet and spicy.
- 2 de-boned chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garam marsala
- 1-3 tbsp curry powder, depends on how spicy you want your curry
- 2 tsp salt
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put into separate bowl. Add lemon juice and garam marsala. Allow to marinate while you begin cooking rice (about 10 mins)
- In a pan add oil on medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add curry powder. Cook until you smell the spices.
- Add chicken to pan. Cook chicken throughly
- Add Coconut milky,water, salt and sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes or more. This allows the sauce to thicken and the flavors to combine
- Serve with rice