Coconut Salad - A Filipino Refreshing Fruit Salad Recipe
Refreshing Coconut with Fruit Salad
Do you like Coconut Salad
Coconut Fruit Salad
A Refreshing Fruit Salad - Coconut Salad with Strawberries, Apples, and Bananas
Coconut fruit is a favorite fruit in tropical areas due to the fact they are locations that tend to be where there are lots of growing coconuts. Coconut fruit is great for a healthy fruit snack as it has many health benefits for the body. The Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals as well as being a traditional medicine to alleviate many common problems. When preparing to make Coconut Fruit Salad don't forget to take advantage of opening up a coconut and drink the juice inside which is a very healthy drink.
One of my favorite desserts that is made out of coconut fruit is called Coconut Salad also called a Buko Salad in the Philippines. A fruity dessert that is easy to make, tasty and nutritious and is not too bad if your on a budget, but want a unique and refreshing fruit salad to entertain your friends with. This is great to serve for any spring or summer BBQ with friends and family, make a big bowl and let your guests dish up a bowl of this sweet salad.
A few fruit salad helpers
Coconut PrepClick thumbnail to view full-size
Coconut Salad Recipe and Preparation Instructions
Young coconut fruit
1 can condensed milk
1 cup cream or splash of milk
salad bowl or any empty container
Note: You can add as many fruits as you want, its up to you. Blueberry, Mango, Grape, and Kiwi are all exceptional options as well as Avocado or shrimp for a hearty version, that can be substituted for more of a main dish.
1. Prepare all the ingredients.
2. Open the coconut carefully with a large knife. If buying in a US store the hardest portion of the shell will be removed and instructions will be on the label. Make sure to save or drink the juice, its tasty and good for you. Scrape out the coconut fruit from its shell with a fork or a spoon, and put it in the bowl.
3. Dice the apples. Peel off the bananas and slice it. Cut the strawberries. Then put all of the fruits in the bowl with the scraped coconut fruit. Add the pineapple chunk excluding the juice.
4. Add the condensed milk and cream or milk. Mix all the ingredients
5. Put it in the freezer for about an hour or until it is cooled enough to eat.
6. Serve in individual bowls or a large party bowl with a spoon for people to add to their plates and enjoy this treat inspired from the Philippines Fruit Salad - A Coconut Salad with Apples, Bananas, and Strawberries.
Thanks to Leah Jane for this great coconut fruit salad recipe.
More Coconut Fruit Salad PicsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Mango, Banana, Papaya, Kaong, Nata de Coco, & Pineapple
Recipe with Mango, Banana, & Papaya
Another excellent version of the Coconut salad with a few more Filipino special ingredients. Also added banana, mango, and papaya to the coconut for a tasty treat.
- Young Coconut Meat
- condense milk
- Nata de Coco (Coconut Gel)
- Kaong ( Sugar Palm)
- Pineapple Chunks
More Philippines Focused Hubpages
- Mango Float Dessert Recipe
Recipe and pictures of making a delicious dessert from the Philippines - Mango Float
- Halo Halo Filipino Dessert Recipe
How to make a Halo Halo, the tasty Filipino Dessert with fruit, crushed ice, ice cream and many other goodies.
- Misamis Occidental Aquamarine Park - Day Trip Near Ozamis in the Philippines
If you travel to the Philippines and happened to go to Misamis Occidental, which is located at the Northern part of Mindanao near Ozamis, make sure and don't miss to go to one of the tourist spot, it is...
- Letchon Baboy - BBQ Roasted Pork in the Philippines
Roasting a whole pig is a great way to have a big meal with friends and family. The Filipino Letchon Baboy takes BBQ pork to the next level.
- Manila NAIA International and Domestic Airport - Philippines
Terminal 1 NAIA Manila Travelling to the Philippines as a tourist destination in Southeast Asia is becoming more popular, with its amazing natural beauties, amazing hospitality and Filipino food there is a...
- The Food in the Philippines Amazing Flavors
The foods in the Philippines are just awesome from big plates of roasted pork and rice to the sweetest mangoes and bananas. You will enjoy the hospitality and the amazing food throughout the islands of the Philippines.
- The Filipino Channel - Showtime TV Variety Show
Anne Curtis Vhong Navarro Jugs Jugueta Kim Atienza Teddy Corpuz Vice Ganda Showtime is one of the variety show in the Philippines and was aired in ABS-CBN channel mondays-saturdays 1:30pm Manila time and...