- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Coconut Shrimp is delicious as an appetizer or a main dish. It does not have to be deep fried! This recipe for Baked Coconut Shrimp is easy, does not taste greasy and is nice and crisp. The Orange Marmalade Sauce is a great accompaniment and adds so much flavor.
- 1 lb. Bag Frozen Large Shrimp, cooked, tail on
- 3/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 cups Flaked Sweetened Coconut
- 3 Egg Whites
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Use cooking spray to coat the baking sheet.
Thaw the Shrimp and pat dry. Leave the tail on. Butterfly the shrimp by slicing down the back spine with a sharp knife.
- Mix the Cornstarch, Salt and Cayenne Pepper in a small bowl.
- Beat the Egg Whites until frothy.
- Pour the Coconut Flakes into a small bowl.
Preparing the Shrimp
- Dredge Shrimp in Cornstarch Mixture. Shake off excess.
- Dip the Shrimp in the Egg Whites, allow excess to roll off.
- Roll the Shrimp in the Coconut Flakes. Make sure you cover the Shrimp completely.
Place Shrimp on the baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the Shrimp is no longer transparent in the center and the Coconut is browned. Flip the Shrimp halfway through the cooking time.
Orange Marmalade Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Orange Marmalade
- 2 Tbs. Horseradish Sauce
- 2 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
Mix all ingredients together. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Absolutely delicious!