Coffee Kahlua Steak
If you are a coffee and meat lover of any genre needing a caffeine fix (just kidding) try this, delicious recipe. Coffee has a wonderful taste for drinking and flavoring food, not mention candy. So, it is only natural to try it as a sauce on the steak you are grilling. While you could use any type of steak, it works best with Flat Iron Steak. This meat is not the most expensive on the cow, but it still is good and costs less. After cooking, the coffee taste will resonate with you.
- 16-18 oz. Trimmed iron steak, Cut into strips and thirds
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 oz. Expresso coffee
- 1 oz. Kahlua liquer
- 1\2 oz. Red vinegar
- 1 oz. Extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all into a medium mixing bowl.
- Place meat in bowl to marinade for at least six hours.
- With grill hot, place meat on it to sear for 1-2 minutes. Afterwards, turn over meat and turn down het to low-medium and cook for five minutes or more, depending on preference.
- With meat cooked, remove from heat and let cool for up to five minutes and slice the meat against the grain. This makes about three servings.