Cold outside, warm inside
A Killer Cup of Hot Chocolate made Simple
So what is the main 'stuff' that goes in it? Just water and powder, right?
You can either use the hot chocolate mix or the regular chocolate drink mix you can buy at the store. But instead of buying the one with the marshmallows already in it, buy a entire pack of marshmallows!
To choose water or not to choose....
There is the first problem! You can make it with water, mix water and milk at the mixture of your choice; or even add a little creme for a more creamier taste!
After you warmed it up and added it to a more or less visually pleasing cup or glass of your choice, here comes another decision to make: How to give it a kick!?
Here are some things I tried and loved:
- My Mom used to always add a bit of vanilla ice creme, garnish it with a bit of whipped cream out of the can and grind some bitter/baking chocolate over it.
- A version with a kick is adding a bit of a cherry Schnaps or something and garnish it with whipped creme and a cherry. Try to get a real one, not that super-sweet type out of a can!
- Kids love marshmallows! So do I! Especially with the new colors they have coming out. You can also add some of those chocolate pieces to it that you can buy for cookies. And of course the whipped cream has to be topped with either colorful sprinkles or chocolate!
- A bit of Old Bailey (I belief that's what it is called.) and some Irish creme for a Irish version.
- A few different nuts, whipped cream garnish and nuts to top it.
- Melted white chocolate stirred into it!
- Girls love pink, so try it with the strawberry drink mix, some strawberry ice creme, whipped creme topping and a strawberry and some colorful sprinkles on top.
- Chocolate overkill: Your chocolate mix with some heavy creme, chocolate ice-creme, chocolate pieces mixed in, topped with a whipped creme mixed with chocolate powder or even better with some of that super light and fluffy chocolate pudding, covered in chocolate sprinkles! This is definitely a heart-attack strength chocolate lover's special!
But, the most important ingredients come at the end:
- Candle light
- Roasting marshmallows
- Cold weather