- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Cole Slaw with Tarragon Vinegar
If you are looking for a new twist to your traditional cole slaw this will not disappoint. The tarragon vinegar is just different and tasty enough to make cole slaw brand new, but no less tasty.
Change is often difficult for folks when it comes to Cole Slaw. I have to say this is a recipe you can trust. The tarragon vinegar is a new twist, but the end product is not a stark change.
I went to a barbecue recently and a friend made this Cole Slaw and every single person complimented her on it.
- 1 cup Best Foods mayo with olive oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Heinz tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups (5 if you're adding purple cabbage and carrots) green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1cup carrots, grated (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded (optional)
Color up your cole slaw
Plain green cabbage in a cole slaw is rather boring. Why not add some shredded purple cabbage and/or carrots for color.
- Shred enough green cabbage to make 6 cups, 5 cups green and one cup purple if you are adding purple cabbage. See video below to find out how to cut cabbage for coleslaw with a knife. You can also used a food processor.
- Shred carrots with food processor of grate with a grater, depending on the texture you want.
- Thoroughly toss and mix together cabbages and carrots in a large bowl.
- Mix mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt, and dill.
- Toss dressing into cabbage mixture.
- Chill and serve. Serves 8.
Approximate Nutrition Facts
|Serving size: 2|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 7 g||2%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 5 mg||2%|
|Sodium 14 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Do you think you could get out of your comfort zone and try this delicious Tarragon Cole Slaw?
More recipes from lambservant
- Creamy Dill Dressing
You cannot go wrong with Pea salad. Great for hot summer day barbecues and/or potlucks all year round. It is a versatile salad in that you can add, omit, or substitute ingredients to tailor make it for your preferences.
© 2012 Lori Colbo