- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Dessert Cakes
Colorado Rocky Mountain Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 Cups Hot Water
- 2 Tablespoons Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 (18.3 Ounce) Box Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 12 Soft Caramel Candies, (Unwrapped)
- 1 (16 Ounce) Container Chocolate Icing
- 1 Jar Marshmallow Creme, (Refrigerated)
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut, (Toasted)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and Butter and Flour 2 (6 Cup) Cupcake Pans.
- Stir Hot Water and Instant Coffee in a Large bowl until the coffee crystals dissolve. Allow it to cool then add in your Cake Mix, Eggs and Oil and blend well.
- Pour into your Cupcake pans about halfway and place 1 Caramel Candy into the center of each one.Pour remaining batter over the top and bake for approximately 12 minutes or until cupcakes puff up.
- Let them cool down for 10 or so minutes and carefully remove each cupcake from the pans. Cut the tops off each one and frost the tops with Chocolate Icing. Spoon 1 Tablespoon of Creme over the top of each cupcake bottom. Piece the Cupcakes back together and dust the tops with Cocoa Powder and Sprinkle with Coconut! Voila! Ready to eat! :)