- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
Comfort of Home: Shepherd's Pie
This Shepards Pie recipe is super simple to throw together and is loaded with flavor. There is nothing strange added to this pie, just your basics! This even taste better the following day as the hamburger has had time to marinade in the gravy!
- 1 LB Ground Beef, 80% Lean
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 C Water
- 1/2 C Milk
- 6 Red Potatoes
- 1 12oz bag Shoepeg White Corn, Frozen
- 2 slices White American Cheese
- 1/4 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Packet Brown Gravy Mix
- 3 T Butter
- 1/2T Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2T Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown hamburger together with onion in skillet on stovetop until cooked through.
- Mix 1/2c water with Brown Gravy Mix and add to pan. Cover and simmer for 10 min.
- Add potatoes to large pot and cover with water. Boil potatoes until tender (roughly 20 minutes)
- Drain potatoes, then with a hand mixer or masher, mash potatoes along with butter, milk and cheeses.
- In a rectangular glass baking dish layer hamburger/onion mixture on bottom.
- Top hamburger with frozen corn, spreading evenly
- Top corn with mashed potatoes and spread evenly to cover. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Old Bay.
- Bake 350 for 30 min or until browned on edges. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.