This is a traditional Cup-a Cup-a Cup-a recipe that's easy to learn and fun to experiment with. You can use canned fruit, but canned pie filling works best for me. There's always some left in the can to snack on.
- 1 cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup Sugar, granulated
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 can Pie Filling
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 9x9 baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Stir until blended together.
- Add the milk to the flour and sugar. Stir until blended. It's normal to have small lumps of flour in the batter.
- Pour the batter in the baking dish
- With a tablespoon, drop pie filling into the batter, going all around the dish. You won't use all of the filling.
- Drop bits of butter all around the dish until gone.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream to cut the richness or enjoy it alone!
**JUST A QUICK NOTE**
THE COOKING TIME CAN DEPEND ON HOW MUCH FRUIT YOU DROP IN. ADDING MORE CAN TAKE A FEW MINUTES OFF, SO KEEP AN EYE ON THE DISH AFTER 20 MINUTES.