- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Quick Chicken Quesadillas Using Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven
Tired of the same suppers of salads, spaghetti, soup and frozen pizza, I wanted to come up with something using ingredients I had on hand. My husband and I don't like to spend a lot of time preparing dinner after work, and these quesadillas can be as simple or elaborate as you want them to be.
I make them using a Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven, but I'm sure it'd work just as well to use a cookie sheet and bake them.
- Cooked, shredded chicken (I use canned chicken and just drain it -- any leftover chicken would work too)
- Your favorite salsa
- Shredded cheese (I use a Mexican blend, but almost any kind of cheese would work. Suggestions include Cheddar, Colby-Jack or Monterey Jack)
- Other toppings as desired: Refried beans, peppers, onions, bacon bits, diced tomatoes, lettuce, taco sauce -- pretty much anything you want
- Place one tortilla flat on pizzazz pan or baking sheet. Tortilla size doesn't really matter.
- Start with the chicken - put as much as you want over the whole tortilla.
- Spoon salsa and/or taco sauce over chicken.
- Add any additional ingredients you want, and top with cheese. I use about a cup and a half per quesadilla, which is a lot, but I really love cheese.
- Top with another tortilla.
- If using the Pizzazz oven, I set it on dual for about 6 minutes.
- After it starts to brown on top, use tongs and a spatula to carefully flip the quesadilla. This step isn't required, but it offers more even browning of each tortilla.
- If baking in a regular oven, set it at 350-375 and watch to make sure the tortillas don't burn.
- It's done when the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.
- Cut into quarters and serve with salsa/and or sour cream for dipping. Experiment with other dips if you want -- Ranch or Western dressing, taco sauce, etc.
This is a yummy, filling, quick and simple lunch or supper. I almost always have all the ingredients on hand in the fridge or pantry, so it's become a weekly staple for a slightly healthier dinner option.