Recipe for How to Make Roasted Orange Chicken
Roasted Orange Chicken
ROASTED ORANGE CHICKEN
How To Make Roasted Orange Chicken - This is a recipe hub that will discuss how to make roasted orange chicken, using a whole chicken not chicken in pieces. Experimenting in the kitchen is so much fun. When you cook you might find that you are very influenced by various dishes that you might have tasted in restaurants for example. If you love Orange Chicken from a Chinese restaurant but are looking for somewhat healthier alternatives, you can try imparting the citrus flavor when you cook at home. For example, I enjoy cooking with orange, lemon and lime. I really enjoy making this roasted orange chicken.
- I already have a recipe for lemon pepper chicken wings in another one of my hubs.
- I probably like cooking with lime most of all and you can look out for various recipes that I will write regarding cooking with lime and/or using lime as a garnish.
- This particular recipe discusses cooking with orange. I hope that you will enjoy this recipe for how to make roasted orange chicken.
- It is amazing how delicious cooking with orange can be and how appealing it can look when presented on a table as a garnish.
Roasted orange chicken
Sweet, juicy and fresh orange slices on top of hot, savory and delicious chicken that is well seasoned.
The ingredients for this roasted orange chicken recipe make the chicken so savory.
What you will need
- A large whole raw chicken for roasting
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 2-3 whole navel oranges, sliced (leave the orange peel on)
- rice, to serve with the prepared chicken and sauce
I love to cook roasted chicken.
- I cook a roasted chicken fairly frequently. For this particular dish, I use a lot of my standard spices as a rub on the cleaned raw chicken. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels after washing it. Rub a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar on to the chicken skin. Then sprinkle with various spices for lots of flavor.
- I recommend using a generous portion (1 tbspn) of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes on both the outside and in the cavity of the bird.
- If you have extra time, you can place the whole chicken in the fridge in a bowl covered with foil or saran wrap and let the seasonings set in for 1-2 hours or even overnight but I have cooked this with limited time by placing it directly into the oven after seasoning it and it still turned out great.
Place the whole raw chicken in the oven
4. Allow your oven to preheat a bit at 375 degrees and then place the chicken in a roasting pan and in the oven to cook.
- A Perdue oven stuffer roaster can cook well within an hour and a half.
- I like the meat to be very tender and practically falling off the bone when you slice it.
5. Half an hour into the cooking process, you should remove the chicken from the oven for the first time to baste it in its own juices.
- You can use a glazing brush or just a spoon where you scoop up some of the drippings in the pan next to the chicken and pour it back over the chicken.
Whole milk helps to make the orange sauce so creamy and delicious, a hearty treat.
Creamy orange sauce for the roasted orange chicken
6. Next in how to make roasted orange chicken, you can take 2-3 large navel oranges, wash them and slice them to ready them for placing on the chicken.
7. The next half hour into the cooking process ( when a full hour of oven time has passed), remove the chicken from the oven again.
- Squeeze some of the juice of the orange on to the chicken and arrange the remaining slices on top of the bird.
- Take a tablespoon of enriched white flour and a 1/2 cup of milk and pour them right into the chicken drippings that are in the pan.
- This will thicken your sauce and naturally yield a gorgeous creamy orange color in addition to the orange flavor.
Allow the roasted orange chicken to cool for a few minutes and then serve it at the dinner table. Enjoy!
8. Place the roasting pan back in the oven for the chicken's last half hour of cooking time then turn of the oven, allow the chicken to cool for a few minutes and present it at the dining table.
- This is delicious on a bed of white rice (or brown rice if you prefer it).
Please rate this roasted chicken recipe
What would be your favorite citrus flavor for chicken?
Another orange glazed chicken recipe (from SaltonBite TV at YouTube)
Orange Chicken like that served in Chinese restaurants (from Yummies4Dummies on YouTube)
Do you roast a chicken at home often?
Do you roast a chicken in your oven at home frequently or fairly often?
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH