- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Cooper's Hawk Lobster & Crab Bisque Soup Recipe
Cooper's Hawk is a chain of restaurants located nation wide. They make their own wine, and everything on the menu is to die for and made from scratch. Even when it comes to the Lobster Bisque Soup. I was luckily given this recipe and had to make it at home. I took some into my work- because some people have never been to Cooper's Hawk........let me just say that everyone there now thinks I am an exquisite chef.I have already been asked to bring more since they ate every last drop. lol
Enjoy this recipe. Cooper's Hawk Lobster & Crab Bisque Soup Recipe.
- 1 Whole Lobster
- 1 Lobster Tail
- 1.75lb Snow Crab
- 1 Yellow onion unpeeled, quartered
- 2 carrots unpeeled cut into chunks
- 1 Garlic clove unpeeled
- 1/2 cup white dry wine
- 1 Handful Parsley
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Ounces Butter
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 3/4 Cup Flour, all purpose
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 4 Cups Cream, (Heavy whipping cream)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Shredded Carrots
- 2 teaspoons Sherry
- 2/3 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun Spice, Ingredients below
- 4 Tablespoons butter, to saute your carrots and onions
Ingredients and directions for Cajun Spice
- 2 1/2 T paprika
- 2 T salt
- 2 T garlic powder
- 1 T black pepper
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T cayenne pepper
- 1 T dried leaf oregano
- 1 T dried thyme
Place all ingredients in an airtight container. Can use this creole spice for many things like stroganoff, etc.
- First make your Cajun Spice and set aside 1/2 teaspoon. Place the rest in an airtight container for another time. You want to make your bisque the day before. The bisque has to sit in the refrigerator after it is made so the flavors can blend. If you don't do this and you are in a hurry to eat this- than it wont taste right.
- Lets first start by making our shellfish stock.
- Get out your lobster and lobster tail and crab and steam for about 10 minutes till they are done. Set aside till cool. Keep the water that steamed your lobster etc. Once your lobster and crab are cool- you want to remove all the meat from the lobsters and crab. Save your shells and place in medium size baking pan. Place all your crab, and lobster meat in another bowl. This is the most time consuming part of the recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 450. Place your baking pan with the shells and roast for 5-8 minutes till they are golden.
- Once your shells are golden- remove them from the oven. Place them in a big stockpot and add water from your cooked lobster from earlier that you reserved but not all of it. You want to add enough water no more than 1/2 inch above the level of the shells. Now add your quartered onion; your unpeeled carrots; and garlic; parsley; bay leaf.
- Place a lid on your pot and cook your stock for one hour, and add your 1/2 cup dry wine. Continue to cook another 30 minutes.
- Drain your stock- and discard the rest. Set your stock aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat add your 4 ounces of butter; 5 Tablespoons of butter;smoked and regular paprika and heat till melted. Stir in your Flour. This makes the roux.
- Slowly whisk in the Heavy Cream, 2 1/2 cups shellfish stock that you made earlier; 1/4 cup white wine; and stir till smooth and thickened.
- In another saucepan heat 4 Tablespoons of butter and saute your shredded carrots and minced onion till tender.
- Add your carrot mixture to your milk mixture once it is sauteed and tender. Add your 2 teaspoons of sherry; 1/2 teaspoon old bay seasoning; 1/2 teaspoon of the creole seasoning that you made earlier; your 2/3 cup grated parm cheese; and your milk;salt;pepper. Stir all of this well. After this Bisque has cooked for about 25 minutes and simmered on the stove. You want to remove it and add your cooked lobster and cooked crab. Stir well and place in the refrigerator till tomorrow.
- When you are ready to serve- you want to get out a large or medium pot and place it on the stove- depending on how many you are serving. Heat your soup on medium till it is heated through. You want to continue to stir this as it is heating.
- Serve in bowls. You can top with more fresh grated Parmesan as a garnish.
Enjoy your Cooper's Hawk Lobster & Crab Bisque Soup Recipe. The key to this delicious soup is letting it sit a day before you eat it. It is rather easy to make once you Shell your lobster and crab and make your stock.