Corn Meal Pie
Corn Meal Pie is one of those pies when we take it somewhere for a get together- people really like it but dont believe it has any corn meal in it LOL. This pie is not as sweet as some of the other pies and seems to be a favorite by the older generations because it isnt as strong. Kind of would remind you of a Pecan Pie except it is not as sweet.
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon Flour, Self Rising and Sifted
- 2 tablespoon Corn Meal, White
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Pie Shell, Unbaked
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together and stir well to make sure it is mixed really good.
- Pour in pie shell and bake in oven for 55 minutes.
- When getting the pie out be careful to not burn yourself and sit on rack and let it cool. I like to add a little whip cream once the pie is cold. But you can serve hot or cold. Enjoy!