We all love Corns, Don’t we? In India, we love to eat bhuttas in monsoon and winters.Corn is eaten in many forms like toppings, dips, dishes, kababs and kids' favorite popcorn etc. Somewhere in 2009, I had a starter in Babylon Hotel Raipur, Chattisgarh (India). Tried the recipe with same flavor at home. It turned out well..This hub is about how to make Corn starter in a jiffy
It is quick, easy and healthy starter. Its very delicious too. Most of the ingredients are already available in your kitchen. Let’s get started.
¼ tsp Black Pepper
2 tbsp Tomato Puree
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
2 tbsp Vinegar
2 tbsp Honey
1tbsp Tamarind Paste
1tbsp Red Chilli Sauce
4 tbsp Corn kernels
2 tbsp Refined Flour
1 tsp Corn or Gram Flour
Salt to taste
Lets go Step by Step
1) Par boil Corn Kernels with water and a pinch of salt. Strain and cool it.
2) Marinate boiled Corn Kernels with salt, water, refined flour and gram flour.
Turn them Golden Brown.
1) Deep fry these marinated kernels till golden brown.
2) For sauce – mix tamarind paste and vinegar.
3) Heat one pan. Put few drops of oil. Add tomato puree.
4) Add tomato ketchup and and tamarind, vinegar solution.
5) Reduce the sauce to half and add honey.
6) Cook for sometime till sauce become thick.
7) Add fried Corn Kernels to it . Add salt and Pepper
Make it dry.
Some easy variations
You can try this recipe with baby corn as well.
You can also add chopped spring onions to the sauce to give it a healthy twist.
Lots of variations can be done in this recipe. Just add some chopped tomatoes and onions with a dash of lemon juice ans salt to taste . It tastes amazing.
What nutrition we get from this dish?
This dish is full of the goodness of tomato, honey and Corns. It gives you proteins, vitamin A and C. it has minerals like sodium, iron and manganese.