Corned Beef Hash Recipe With Garlic
Corned Beef Hash
Quick cook Corned Beef Hash Meal
This is a dish you can have in half an hour or less. If you have forgotten to put out something from the freezer to prepare and cook a meal, corned beef hash is a good substitute for a quick meal. I like preparing this meal when I haven't got a clue what to cook. Actually, it is one of the food that I like to cook which my husband and I like eating.
Also if you are short of time to cook, it is the easiest and quickest food you can cook in half an hour or less even. I find that the corned beef they sell in Asda Walmart is one that taste better. I tried other brands but this Asda Smart Price Corned Beef brand is the best for me and the cheapest. You can use any corned beef brand that you prefer.
Corned beef is also cheap to buy, it saves us money especially when we are on a budget.
Corned Beef Hash
Photos showing how I cook Corned Beef Hash
Ingredients for Corned Beef Hash with Potatoes
- 4 pieces potato, medium size
- 1 piece tomato, big one
- 1 piece onion, medium
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup oil, for frying potatoes
- 1 tin corned beef
- 1/4 teaspoon or a pinch ground black pepper
- a pinch of salt
Corned Beef Hash Recipe
- Peel potatoes and cut into half inch cubes and set aside.
- Cut or slice onions and garlic into small pieces.
- Cut or slice tomatoes into small pieces.
- Fry potatoes until cooked and set aside.
- Remove oil in the frying pan, leave a small amount of oil to fry the garlic and onions using same frying pan.
- Once the garlic and onions are nearly brown add the tomatoes and corn beef (cut in cubes) and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the fried potatoes, ground black pepper, salt to taste (do not put too much salt as the corned beef sometimes can be salty).
- Stir until all the ingredients are all mixed. Then serve with plain white rice that you cooked separately. But if you prefer potatoes you can have it with potatoes. I prefer it with rice.
Corned Beef Hash with Eggs or Cheese
If you want to make your corned beef hash look more appetizing, you can add fried eggs or grated cheese. Once your corned beef hash is ready, you can fry two eggs if you are cooking for two people. You can add as many as egg as you like. Then put it on top of your corned beef hash just before serving.
With the grated cheese, add it after you dished the corned beef hash on your plates and just put it under the grill for a few minutes just to melt the cheese or in the microwave if you prefer. I prefer to put it under the grill. I think it tastes much better.
There are so many ways of cooking corned beef hash but I prefer the above recipe that I learnt from a friend when I first come to England. My friend is a good cook, she taught me how to cook English food because I did not know how to cook English food when I first moved to England. I had to learn everything except the English language which I learnt in the Philippines where I come from.
Corned Beef Hash with Garlic Recipe
Do you like Corned Beef Hash Recipe?
Corned Beef Hash
- How to Make Chicken Adobo With Potatoes
For me, it is the easiest food to prepare and cook, accompanied by rice and vegetable of your choice.
You can use any type of corned beef for the above recipe. I tried this corned beef from Brazil but I still prefer the Asda Walmart smart price corned beef because it is cheaper to buy. But this is also a good one to use.
© 2013 Linda Bryen