Cottage Cheese Pancakes- Simple and Fast!
Time for breakfast!
Traditional pancakes are delicious, but they can be time consuming to make! Especially if you don't have much time in the morning, here is a great option for a substitute. In addition to that, the ingredients are cheap, staple items that you probably have in your fridge right now. This has got to be the world's easiest pancake recipe. I've never been a huge fan of pancakes or waffles in general, but years ago my mother made these for me and I loved them! It is super simple and does not require many ingredients at all, so I thought I would share the joy. The cottage cheese gives it a very smooth flavor, and they make great snacks as leftovers as well. So try a stack of these!
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, flour, oil and eggs.
- Use cooking spray to coat a large skillet and put it on the stove over medium heat.
- Dish the mixture by 1/3 cups into the hot skillet, and wait for bubbles to appear on the surface.
- Flip them over, and cook them until lightly browned.
*Take two cottage cheese pancakes and put a fried egg in the middle with some cheddar cheese, and you have a tasty breakfast sandwich!
*Add some berries, chocolate chips, or nuts to the batter to create some varieties,
*Make a few extra and store them in the fridge. Cold cottage cheese pancakes go great with butter, peanut butter, and nutella. Maybe even throw some banana slices in the middle and make an "Elvis Sandwich" out of them.
*Add some pepper to the batter to give it a bit of a nip.
*Squeeze some lemon juice, and sprinkle with powder sugar for a tangy and sweet treat.
Why Breakfast is so important!
- Skipping breakfast is strongly linked to the development of obesity. According to research, skipping meals, especially breakfast, can actually make weight control more difficult. (ref WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/most-important-meal)
- Skipping breakfast can lead to having higher cholesterol levels.
- Breakfast helps get your brain started in the morning, it needs something to give your biological battery a boost. Memory and concentration levels have been proven to function at a much higher rate if you give your body the fuel it needs!
- More so than coffee, your body needs some energy in the morning to get going...while caffeine works, it's more important to have at least a handful of cereal to start yourself up.