- Food and Cooking
Cottage Pie Recipe
Here is a great simple recipe I have for cottage pie, which some people refer to as shepherds pie. Shepherds pie is traditionally made with ground lamb meat. This recipe is made with ground beef, so it's called cottage pie.
- 500 g Ground Beef
- 2 Small onions
- 6 Potatoes
- 1/2 Red bell pepper
- 250 ml Beef stock
- 1/2 bag frozen peas,carrots, and corn
- 1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 125 grams shredded cheese
- bread crumbs
- Peheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Dice up the onions, and red bell peppers, and peel the potatoes.
- In a skillet heat up some oil and add the onions and the bell pepper. Allow to cook for 5 minute, then add the ground beef.
- While the beef is cooking add your potatoes to a pot and get to boil.
- Once the ground beef has browned add the beef stock to the skillet, add italian seasoning, sweet basil, cumin. Let cook for about five minutes.
- Strain and mash the potatoes
- Pour the ground beef mixture into casserol dish, add the unthawed frozen vegetables and mix.
- Add the mashed potatoes over top and sprinkle the shredded cheese and bread crumbs ontop.
- Put into the oven
- Cook for 35 minutes or until the potatoes get golden.