Country Fried Ham with Red-Eye Gravy Recipe
What Is Country-Fried Ham With Redeye Gravy
Why this recipe may not be the best thing for you, I grew up with it. My grandmother and mom world make us country fried ham with redeye gravy every Saturday morning. I now make it for my family on Saturday the same as they did. It is a really easy recipe to make and i'm sure you will love it.
If you have never tried t you really should it is the ultimate in Southern comfort foods, that unless you grew up in old southern home you probably never have heard of. I recommend severing it with grits or buttermilk biscuits.
It is told that this recipe started out on chuck wagons, to help wake up the cowboys before they left for a long day of work. Why I do not know how true this is I can say it turns out amazing made on a cast iron skillet on a camp fire., and it is a stick to your ribs breakfast that will keep you going well until lunch time.
What You Need
- 1 Ham Steak, Cut into 4-6 slices
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 c Strong Coffee
- 1/4 c milk, you can sub water
- salt and pepper, to taste
What You Do
- Heat pan to med-high heat, add butter, and ham
- Fry ham on both sides until nice and brown. remove from pan
- add coffee to pan and stir scrapping up all the bits at the bottom of the pan
- add milk, salt and pepper. let cook for 3 minutes or until nice and hot
- Sever on top of ham with eggs and biscuits or grits
See How To Make It
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Great variations for French toast
French toast remains a favorite breakfast choice of many, including myself. These are a few of my favorite ways to take this old classic comfort food and a new twist.
- Baked Oatmeal To-Go
A easy go to breakfast for those day when you just don't have time, or for a after new snack while hiking or after school. That your kids will love.
- Peach Butter
A yummy and easy recipe for old fashion peach butter, and is grate way to use up your peaches, and keep them for a long time.
- Roasted Chili-Lime Chicken
This is amazing sweet and somewhat spicy chicken recipes that will knock the socks off you family. It is a nice change from plane roasted chicken and will become a family favorite for summer.
- Spicy And Sweet Mango Fajitas
A sweet twist to a old classic