Country-Style Vegetarian Green Beans
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
Ready in: 55 min
Yields: Serves 6-8
- 6 cups fresh green beans, cleaned and cut
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 carton low sodium veggie stock
- 2 cloves minced garlic (optional)
- fresh cracked pepper
- sea salt
- Clean and cut the beans, cube the potatoes, chop 1/2 of a red onion, mince the garlic and heat a large pot, medium-high.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to the pot. When the butter and oil is melted together, add the onion and garlic.
- When the potatoes are soft, add the beans. Cook for 5 minutes and add enough veggie stock to cover the beans (that's normally about 1/2 of a carton of veggie stock).
- Add the potatoes, season with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt and let it cook down for another 35-40 minutes or until the beans and potatoes are cooked through.