- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
These easy to make crab tartlets will be an excellent addition to your cocktail party menu. Your guests are sure to enjoy these delicious seafood appetizers, and you'll love the fact that they can be prepared in under 30 minutes!
- one 6 ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 4 ounces mayonnaise
- 4 ounces dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt, (optional)
- black pepper, (optional)
- two 2.1 ounce packages miniature phyllo dough shells
- 1 teaspoon bottled cayenne pepper sauce
- Mix the crabmeat, mayonnaise, dairy sour cream, red onion, dill, lemon juice, lemon Peel, and cayenne pepper sauce together in a mixing bowl. Season the mixture to taste with salt and/or black pepper as desired.
- Cover and chill for 2-24 hours.
- Spoon the mixture into the phyllo shells and serve. (To serve warm crab tartlets see instructions below)
For warm crab tartlets:
After step 1 above, align the miniature phyllo dough shells on a baking sheet. Fill the shells with the crab mixture, and bake for about 7 minutes (or until heated through) in a preheated 350 degree F oven.
|Serving size: 2 tartlets|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 8 g|
|Carbohydrates 6 g||2%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 16 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
I hope you find my crab tartlets recipe to be simply delicious! Let me know what you think. I look forward to your comments/criticism below. Don't forget to give this recipe your star rating above, and if you have a minute please check out some of my other recipes as well. Enjoy!