- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Cran-Apple Nut Crumble
How's it taste?
This apple recipe is quick, easy and delicious. Baking takes the longest but once it's done it tastes fantastic and will last for weeks in your fridge. It makes a great Autumn dessert or even a sweet breakfast.
I modified this recipe from Joyce Sheets from Lafeyette, IN's Cranberry Apple Nut Crunch recipe in Taste of Home: The Ultimate Guide to Fall Baking. This recipe uses craisins and instant oatmeal to make things quick and easy but it could be made with fresh or frozen cranberries and long cook oats if you'd prefer.
Serve it with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream for a sweet dessert or keep it plain to really taste those fall flavors. It really is fun and easy to make. I hope you like it too!
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples, I used golden delicious (filling)
- 2 cups craisins, (filling)
- 3 Tbsp. flour, (filling)
- 1 cup sugar, (filling)
- 3 packets instant maple sugar oatmeal, (topping)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, (topping)
- 1/2 cup flour, (topping)
- 1/2 cup melted butter, (topping)
- optional sliced apples and craisins, for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together filling ingredients. Grease a 2 qt. baking dish with cooking spray or butter. Place filling in baking dish and set aside. Combine topping ingredients in another bowl and spoon evenly over the filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and tender. Garnish as desired and serve warm.