A great start to any morning or perfect partner for a late night tea! Try this bread gently toasted and buttered.
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour two loaf pans. beat sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, mix well.
- Add sour cream and mix well. Lastly, add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just blended.
- Stir in cranberries and divide batter between the two loaf pans. Bake bread until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean - about 55 minutes.
- To avoid a soggy crust, let the bread cool completely before covering in plastic wrap.
- This bread can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months
- For a tangy orange variation: add 2 teaspoons orange zest and 1/2 teaspoon of orange extract to the batter.